(The basic recipe to make this popular South Indian snack)
|150 g raw (boiled) rice
||10 g poha (pressed rice)
|50 g urad dal
||5 to 7 methi seeds
|15 g cooked rice
||salt to taste
- Wash the urad dal, raw rice and methi seeds.
- Soak them in a little water along with poha and cooked rice for at least an hour.
- Grind to a smooth paste with a little water.
- Cover and keep aside for at least five hours.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- This batter can be used as basic batter for preparing masala dosa, sada dosa, onion uttappam, Mysore masala dosa, spring dosa, etc.
- The batter is enough to make about four to six dosas.
- Use a stainless steel cup to pour the dosa batter onto the tawa
|Nutrient Composition Per Serving
||Carotene ( μg )
||Vitamin C (mg)