Akki Roti (Thalipettu)
|Rice flour 2 cups
||Chilli powder 1 tsp
|Onion 1 (chopped)
||Cumin seeds 1 tsp
|Green chillies 2
||Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
||Oil for roasting
|Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients(except oil) in warm water. Knead well to make soft dough.
- Then take butter paper or thick glossy paper. Pour 1 tsp oil on it and spread it with your hand.
- Take a lemon sized ball of the dough and pat it on the paper with hand like roti. Spread little oil on top of it.
- Then carefully place the prepared roti on the tawa, (butter paper on the upper side) and immediately remove butter paper slowly.
- If you feel uncomfortable with it, then make thick rotis and take it on your palm and place it on the tawa.
- Cook well on both sides till golden brown. Follow the same procedure with the remaining dough.
|Nutrient Composition Per Serving
||Carotene ( μg )
||Vitamin C (mg)